CNC Shield V3 Kit with 4 Drivers for Arduino (Uno/Mega/Leonardo) Specific for CNC and 3D Printer applications.
CNC Shield V3
This expansion board as a driver expansion board, can be used for engraving machines, 3D printers. It is a total of four slots, can drive four A4988 stepper motor. Each road stepper motors only need two IO ports. In other words, six IO ports can be well managed three stepper motors. Very convenient to use.
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Board
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Board is a breakout board for Allegro¡¯s A4988 DMOS Micro stepping Driver with Translator and Over current Protection.
– GRBL 0.9 compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals)
– PWM Spindle and direction pins
– 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
– 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
– Coolant enable
– Uses removable A4988 or DRV8825 compatible stepper drivers
– Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping)
– Compact design.
– Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors or soldered in place.
– Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)
– Low RDS (On) Output
– Automatic current decay mode detection / selection
– Mix with slow current decay modes
– Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
– Internal UVLO
– Crossover-current protection
– 3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
– Thermal shutdown circuitry
– Ground fault protection
– Load short-circuit protection
– Five selectable step modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16
Warning: Connecting or disconnecting a stepper motor while the driver is powered can destroy the driver. (More generally, rewiring anything while it is powered is asking for trouble).
1 x CNC Shield Board
4 x A4988 Stepper Motor Driver