Color Recognition TCS230 Sensor Module
This board uses the TCS230 sensor to detect the color of objects. The board outputs a 0-5V analog signal corresponding to the measured color and can be directly interfaced with a microcontroller.
The TCS230 programmable color light-to-frequency converter combines configurable silicon photodiodes and a current-to-frequency converter on single monolithic CMOS integrated circuit. The output is a square wave (50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity (irradiance).
The light-to-frequency converter reads an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes. Sixteen photodiodes have blue filters, 16 photodiodes have green filters, 16 photodiodes have red filters, and 16 photodiodes are clear with no filters. The four types (colors) of photodiodes are interdigitated to minimize the effect of non-uniformity of incident irradiance.
All 16 photodiodes of the same color are connected in parallel and which type of photodiode the device uses during operation is pin-selectable.
– High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
– Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
– Communicates Directly With a Microcontroller
– Single-Supply Operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
– Power Down Feature
– Nonlinearity Error Typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
– Stable 200 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
– Compact size 31.6mm x 24.4mm
– 2.54mm pitch connector pin-out
1 x Color Recognition TCS230 Sensor Module