The IRF3205 is a high current N-Channel MOSFET that can switch currents up to 110A and 55V. The specialty of the MOSFET is that it has very low on resistance of only 8.0mΩ making it suitable for switching circuits like Inverters, motor speed control, DC-DC converter etc. It is also one of the easily available and cheap MOSFET with a low on-resistance.
So if you looking for a MOSFET to be used in your switching circuit that operates below 55V and less than 110A you can consider using the IRF3205. Note that the IRF3205 has high threshold voltage and hence not ideal for on/off control with embedded controllers. You can try the IRF540N for that purpose.
Features & Specification:
– N-Channel Power MOSFET
– Continuous Drain Current (ID) is 110A when VGS is 10V
– Minimum Gate threshold voltage 2V
– Drain to Source Breakdown Voltage: 55V
– Low On-Resistance of 8.0mΩ
– Gate-Source Voltage is (VGS) is ±20V
– Rise time is 101ns
– It is commonly used with Power Switching circuits
– Switching Applications
– Boost converters
– Solar inverters
– Speed control
1 x IRF3205 MOSFET