Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3
The Raspberry Pi Zero is half the size of a Model A+, with twice the utility. A tiny Raspberry Pi that’s affordable enough for any project!
At first glance, the Pi Zero isn’t much. It just looks like a slimmed down version of the Raspberry Pi we know and love. But when we started to think of the possibilities we realized the appeal. And then we saw the price…could it be true? Yes!
This is the slimmest, most pared down Raspberry Pi to date. It’s kind of like the little cousin to the Pi 2 – with just a micro SD card slot, a mini HDMI port, two micro USB ports (one for power, one for USB), and 512MB of RAM. It has a single-core 1 GHz processor chip, similar to the Pi A+ and B+.
We think the Zero is a great sidekick for existing Raspberry Pi users. It requires a little more effort to get up and running than a Pi 2 but it also has a lot of potential for IoT, wearable, embedded and battery powered projects!
– CPU: single-core Broadcom BCM2835, which can run at 1GHz
– RAM: 512MB
– Power: 5V, supplied via micro USB connector, drawing 160mA (even when connected to an HD display).
– Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
– Video & Audio: 1080P HD video output. Audio output via mini-HDMI connector.
– Storage: MicroSD card.
– Operating System: Linux, installed via NOOBS.
– GPIO: HAT-compatible 40-pin header
– Mini HDMI port
– Micro USB OTG port
– Micro USB power
– Composite video and reset headers
1 x Raspberry Pi Zero