Sharp IR Distance Sensor 10-80cm GP2Y0A21YK0F
The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements. This IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders, yet it provides much better performance than other IR alternatives. Interfacing to most microcontrollers is straightforward: the single analog output can be connected to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements, or the output can be connected to a comparator for threshold detection. The detection range of this version is approximately 10 cm to 80 cm (4in to 32in)
The GP2Y0A21YK0F uses a 3-pin JST connector (included). It is also simple to solder three wires to the sensor where the connector pins are mounted. When looking at the back, the three connections from left to right are power, ground, and the output signal.
GP2Y0A21YK0F is a distance measuring sensor unit, composed of an integrated combination of PSD (position sensitive detector), IRED (infrared emitting diode) and signal processing circuit. The variety of the reflectivity of the object, the environmental temperature and the operating duration are not influenced easily to the distance detection because of adopting the triangulation method. This device outputs the voltage corresponding to the detection distance. So this sensor can also be used as a proximity sensor.
– Distance Measuring Range: 10 cm to 80 cm (4in to 32in)
– Output Type: Analog Voltage
– Operating Voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
– Update Period: 38 ± 10 ms
– Average Current Consumption: 30 mA (typical)
– When the voltage is different from the – output difference (typical):1.9V @ 10 ~ 80cm
– Different voltages distance – the output (typical value):400mV @ 80cm
– Item Sizes: 29.5 × 13 × 13.5 mm
1 x Sharp IR Distance Sensor