4 Channel 16 Bit I2C ADC with Programmable Gain Amplifier Module ADS1115
For microcontrollers without an analog-to-digital converter or when you want a higher-precision ADC, the ADS1115 provides 16-bit precision at 860 samples second over I2C. The chip can be configured as 4 single-ended input channels, or two differential channels. As a nice bonus, it even includes a programmable gain amplifier, up to x16, to help boost up smaller single/differential signals to the full range. It can run from 2V to 5V power/logic, can measure a large range of signals and its super easy to use.
It is a great general purpose 16 bit converter. The chip’s fairly small so it comes on a breakout board with ferrites to keep the AVDD and AGND quiet. Interfacing is done via I2C. The address can be changed to one of four options Four ADCs connected on a single 2-wire I2C bus for 16 single ended inputs.
– Wide supply range: 2.0V to 5.5V
– Continuous Mode: Only 150μA
– Single-Shot Mode: Auto Shut-Down
– Programmable data rate: 8SPS to 860SPS
– Internal low-drift voltage reference
– Internal oscillator
– Internal PGA
– I2C interface: Pin-Selectable Addresses
– Four single-ended or two differential inputs
– Programmable comparator
– This board chip uses I2C 7-bit addresses between 0x48-0x4B
– PCB size: 2.55×0.90cm/ 1.00″x0.35″ (LxW)
1 x ADS1115 Module
There are no reviews yet.