APM 2.8 (ArduPilot Mega) Flight Controller
The ArduPilot Mega 2.8 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. This version is ready to use, with no assembly required. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
This revision of the board has no onboard compass, which is designed for vehicles (especially multicopters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. (On fixed wing aircraft it’s often easier to mount APM far enough away from the motors and ESCs to avoid magnetic interference, so this is not as critical, but APM 2.6 gives more flexibility in that positioning and is a good choice for them, too). This is designed to be used with the 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass (see option below), so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise sources than APM itself.
– Arduino Compatible!
– Comes pre-soldered (with angle pins) and tested.
– Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer along with a high-performance barometer
– External Compass (Optional)
– Onboard 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
– Optional off-board GPS, uBlox NEO6 (select GPS option from options)
– One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
– Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
– Atmel’s ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
– Set includes Telemetry cable, Micro USB cable, DF13 6 Position connector for the Power Module (select from options) and GPS connector cable.
– Housing Material: Plastic
– Housing Color: Gray
– Size: 83x44x13 mm
– Net Weight: 37g
1 x APM 2.8