NFC RFID Module V3 NFC PN532 with Android Phone Extension of RFID for Arduino
We’ve taken our popular PN532 breakout board and turned it into a shield – the perfect tool for any 13.56MHz RFID or NFC application. The mini NFC shield uses the PN532 chip-set (the most popular NFC chip on the market) and is what is embedded in pretty much every phone or device that does NFC. This chipset is very powerful, and can pretty much do it all, such as read and write to tags and cards, communicate with phones (say for payment processing), and ‘act’ like a NFC tag. While the controller has many capabilities, our library currently only supports reading/writing tags, and does not support phone-to-shield communication, tag emulation or other more advanced features at this time.
NFC (Near Field Communications) is a way for two devices very close to each other to communicate. Sort of like a very short range Bluetooth that doesn’t require authentication. It is an extension of RFID, so anything you can do with RFID you can do with NFC.
Because it can read and write tags, you can always just use this for RFID-tag projects. We carry a few different tags that work great with this chip. It can also work with any other NFC/RFID Type 1 thru 4 tag. The mini shield was designed by RF engineers using the best test equipment to create a layout and antenna with 5cm range, the maximum range possible using the 13.56MHz technology. You can easily attach the shield behind a plastic plate with standoffs and still read cards through a (non-metal) barrier. This shield is designed to use I2C or SPI communication protocols. SPI is the default, it is also easy to change the shield over to SPI where you can use any 4 digital pins by shorting two solder jumpers on the top of the PCB.
– Gilt PCB
– Work in NFC Mode or RFID reader/writer Mode
– RFID reader/writer supports:
* Mifa-re 1k, 4k, Ultralight, and DesFire cards
* ISO/IEC 14443-4 cards such as CD97BX, CD light, Desfire, P5CN072 (SMX)
* Innovision Jewel cards such as IRT5001 card
* FeliCa cards such as RCS_860 and RCS_854
– Plug and play, Ardui-no compatible
– Built in PCB Antenna, with 4cm~6cm communication distance
– On-board level shifter, Standard 5V TTL for I2C and UART, 3.3V TTL SPI
– Work as RFID reader/writer
– Work as 1443-A card or a virtual card
– Exchange data with other NFC devices such as smartphone
1 x PN532 NFC RFID Module
1 x 2.54mm spacing 4pin Cable
1 x One S50 White Card
1 x One S50 Key Card
1 x Bended male pins
mhaw_85 (verified owner) –
very good product, it is compatible with many smart cards and rfids.