16 Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver PCA9685 with I2C Interface for Arduino/Raspberry Pi/ PIC microcontrollers
You want to make a robot, when we saw this chip, or maybe just a piece of art with a lot of moving parts. Or maybe you want to drive a lot of LEDs with precise PWM output. Then you realize that your microcontroller has a limited number of PWM outputs! What now?
We quickly realized what an excellent add-on this would be.
Using only two pins, control 16 free-running PWM outputs!
I2C input, control 16 PWM output, you can control the 16 way servo motor.
Using only two pins, control 16 free-running PWM outputs! You can even chain up 62 breakouts to control up to 992 PWM outputs. It’s an i2c-controlled PWM driver with a built in clock. That means that, unlike the TLC5940 family, you do not need to continuously send it signal tying up your microcontroller, it’s completely free running!
It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages).
– PCA9685 chip was wrapped in the middle of the small plate
– Power input terminals
– Four groups of 3 pin connector convenient you an insert 16 servo motor, servo motor plug slightly wider than 0.1 “, so you can put 4 to 0.1 “joint)
– Input reverse polarity protection in a patch panel
– Cascade design
– Online placed a large capacitance (in some cases you will need) peripheral input voltage depends on the 10 largest v1000uf capacitance
– PWM output line put a 220 ohm resistor to protect them, and can be easily drive leds.
-Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz
– 6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs – that’s a lot of servos or LEDs
– 12-bit resolution for each output – for servos, that means about 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate
– Configurable push-pull or open-drain output
– Output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
– Reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
– 3 pin connectors in groups of 4 so you can plug in 16 servos at once (Servo plugs are slightly wider than 0.1″ so – you can only stack 4 next to each other on 0.1″ header
– Chain-able” design
1 x 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver PCA9685
There are no reviews yet.