OSD On-Screen Display (MinimOSD) for ArduPilot APM2.0 APM2.5 APM2.6 APM2.8
APM has a companion OSD board called MinimOSD. It reads all the MAVLink data in the APM telemetry stream and overlays it on the video stream if you’re using an on-board camera and wireless video transmitter. This is useful if you’re flying in First Person View (FPV) mode or don’t want to use a laptop at the field to see your telemetry data in the Mission Planner.
This is a mini Arduino based on-screen display board. It’s tailored for use with ArduPilot Mega and the MAVlink protocol, and designed to be as small as possible. It’s main components are an ATmega328P 8 bit microcontroller with an Arduino bootloader, and a MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display. Programming is done through an FTDI-compatible 6-pin cable. It features two independent power and ground sections to isolate the OSD’s analog stage: a +5V section for the ATmega and the OSD’s digital stage, powered through the FTDI cable or other +5V source; and a regulated +5V section for the OSD’s analog stage, powered through the video in/out header and capable of handling up to +12V input.
– ATmega328P with Arduino bootloader
– MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display
– FTDI cable compatible pinout
– Standard 6-pin ISP header
– Two independent power sections with an LED indicator on each
– Solder jumpers for combining the power sections
– +5V 500mA regulator for up to +12V supply input (5-12v range)
– Solder jumper for PAL video option
– Exposed test points for HSYNC and LOS
– Voltage: 5-12v
– Dimensions: 50 x 18 x 10mm
– Weight 4g
Important note: You cannot connect use the OSD when your APM is also connected via USB (they share the same port). Make sure you disconnect your USB cable from the APM 2 board before attempting to use the OSD.
1 x Minim OSD with cover
1 x Set cabels