SIM808 Module GPS/GSM GPRS Development Board
- Arduino connectivity, compatible with UNO, Leonardo, 101 Mega, and Due.
- Onboard USB TO UART converter CP2102 for UART debugging
- 5 x LEDs for indicating the module working status
- Onboard voltage level converter, supports both 3.3V and 5V systems
- SIM card slot for 1.8V/3V SIM card
- Baudrate auto detection (1200bps ~115200bps)
- RTC with power supply interface
- Firmware upgradable via USB
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007,27.005, and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports SIM application toolkit: GSM 11.14 Release 99
- Operating voltage: 6 ~ 12V
- Operation temperature: -40 °C ~ +85 °C
- Storage temperature: -45 °C ~ +90 °C
- Connectors on board:
- Micro USB port for programming
- DC Power Jack: 5V – 26V DC (when using 5V power, be sure that your power supply can provide at least 2A of current)
- Power Switch
- GSM Antenna (SMA connector)
- GPS Antenna (SMA connector)
- Start Button (labelled “POWKEY”)
- TTL serial header pins:
- GPRS TTL pins
- GPS TTL pins
- TTL Voltage Level Selector Pins
- VCCMCU: Used to control the TTL voltage the board will run at. Make sure it matches your system voltage (1.25V/3.3V/5V).
- GND: 0V
- 3.5mm Mic jack
- 3.5mm Epp jack
SIM808 GSM Features:
- Supports Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz, compatible with all 2G networks all around the world.
- Inner MT3337 GPS receiver, -165dBm precision, control on a same serial port.
- Earphone/ microphone outputs on a card or external 32-ohm speaker + supports voice calls with an electret microphone.
- Sending and receiving SMS.
- Sending and receiving GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP vb).
- UART communication with automatic baud rate settings.
- GPRS multi-slot class 12/10
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Comply with GSM phase 2/2 +
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
- Support low power consumption mode: 100mA @ 7V-GSM mode
- Support AT command control (3GPP TS 27.007,27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports GPS satellite navigation technology
- Support LED status indicator: Power supply status, network status, and operating modes
- Working environment: -40 ℃ ~ 85 ℃
SIM808 GPS Features:
- 22 tracking/66 acquisition channel
- GPS L1 C/A code
- Tracking Precision of -165dBm,
- Cold start of -148dBm
Finding Location Time(typical) of Cold start: 32sn, Hot start: 1sn, Warm start: 5sn
- Accuracy of ~2.5m
Boot up Sequence:
1. After powering on, the indicator LED (PWR) will light up.
2. Press and hold the start button until the other three LEDs light up.
3. Once the LED starts flashing, you know the SIM808 has begun working.
4. When the power supply, antenna and SIM card are connected to the module correctly, the LED will flash during boot (1 second on, 1 second off)
5. Afterwards, a slow flash (1 second on, 3 seconds off) will indicate that the module is registered to the network.
- When using the GPS functionality, send the command AT+CGPSINF= (where is replaced by your command value, see the AT instruction set) to get the longitude and latitude information through the GPRS TTL interface. You can also get longitude and latitude information via NEMA data through the GPS TTL level interface.
- GPS functionality is off by default. When using the GPS function, send the following two AT commands to turn on the GPS functionality: AT+CGPSPWR=1 and AT+CGPSRST=1 These two instructions are used to power on GPS functionality and reset the GPS. Then, the GPS TTL level interface will send data out with the default baud rate of 115200(you can send an AT command to change the baud rate).
1 X SIM808 Module
1 X GSM Antenna
1 X GPS Antenna